High Performance Building Energy Analyst
At Vanderweil, sustainable design and MEP/FP&T engineering are one in the same. Over 160 of our projects have been LEED® certified and many of our other projects actively pursuing other certifications (WELL, LBC, SITES, Green Globes, etc.). Vanderweil is a committed firm of the 2030 Challenge and AIA 2030 Commitment and one of the very few firms that have consistently provided project data to support the commitment.
We understand that the energy landscape is evolving. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use it. Within Vanderweil’s Building Performance Group, we collaborate with the design and construction industry to help clients design, build, manage, and protect their business’ value through high performance sustainable design. We help our clients anticipate and realize the full sustainability potential of each project through design, energy modeling and certification consulting.
Overview: High Performance Building Energy Analyst
We are looking for an Energy Analyst to support high performance building energy analysis across Vanderweil’s national and international project portfolio for academic, healthcare, science and technology, and commercial buildings. This position will be located in the Boston office and offer advancement and growth potential for the right individual.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Identify energy savings opportunities / energy conservation measures (ECMS)
- Evaluate Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing system design and controls, particularly high performance design and construction
- Create, analyze, and interpret energy and daylight simulation data using engineer software - eQuest, Cradle, Ecotect, Trane TRACE, EnergyPlus, IES, Sefaria
- Perform and document energy analysis for project certifications (i.e. LEED, LBC, WELL, etc)
- Perform Life-Cycle Cost Analyses
- Perform Existing Building Energy Audits, Energy Master Planning, NZE/E+ Modeling
Preferred additional experience:
- Daylight analysis and simulation
- CFD analysis
- 3D modeling software (CAD, Sketchup, or Revit)
- Indoor environmental design approach - IAQ, thermal comfort, daylight