Apply for Job: Sustainability Project Manager
At Vanderweil, sustainable design and MEP/FP&T engineering are one in the same. Over 170 of our projects have been LEED® certified and many of our other projects actively pursuing other certifications (WELL, LBC, SITES, Green Globes, etc.). Vanderweil is a committed firm of the 2030 Challenge and AIA 2030 Commitment and one of the very few firms that have consistently provided project data to support the commitment.
We understand that the sustainability landscape is evolving. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape environmental, health and wellness and social equity design. On Vanderweil’s Sustainability Team, we collaborate with the design and construction industry to help clients design, build, manage, and protect their business’ value through high performance sustainable design. We help our clients anticipate and realize the full sustainability potential of each project through design, energy modeling and certification consulting.
The Sustainability Project Manager will be an integral member of Vanderweil’s Sustainability team, responsible for leading projects of varying size and complexity; overseeing Assistant Project Managers; driving in-house knowledge management and trainings under the direction of the Sustainability Leader.
- Lead sustainability projects through development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects and ensures consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle including LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LBC, SITES, etc.
- Leads activities such as scheduling project status update meetings with project teams and be responsible to gather information and prepare meeting minutes and schedule updates.
- Responsible to take input from a cross functional project teams to develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and execute a high quality, integrated cross-functional plan for projects.
- Use defined project management practices and procedures to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assists sustainability team and projects in strategic meetings and follow-up.
- Manage the planning and execution of in-house sustainability product development projects while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements.
- Facilitate innovative solutions and creative problem solving between groups and individuals.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with a cross functional teams in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Marketing, and Operations.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering and/ or architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, preferably on sustainability projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design of new construction and commercial interior projects.
- LEED AP BD+C or LEED ID+C is required; WELL AP is a bonus but not necessary, however it will be mandatory to earn accreditation.
- Strong experience with MS Project, Excel, Word, and LEED Online is required.
- Experience in creating meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project correspondence, documentation, and presentations for sustainability projects.
- Must be able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently and be flexible during times of change.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to function effectively and tactfully with multiple departments and personnel, able to gain consensus and commitment.
- Green Building, Engineering and/or Architect background strongly recommended.
- Adaptable, quick learner, very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required.
- Strong interest in Corporate Social Responsibility / Sustainability Disclosure.
- Please send your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Sustainability Project Manager. No cover letters, please.