CAPRE’s Greater Boston & New England Data Center Summit
Chris McLean (Vanderweil) and Daniel Bodenski (DAB Solutions) to present: "Best Practices for Upgrading Legacy Facilities and Future-Proofing the New Data Center: Are Providers Investing in Energy Efficiency or Reliability and Control?"
Discussion will address the following:
- Are people upgrading for energy efficiency or reliability and control?
- Is anyone investing in legacy data centers?
- Is anyone really doing energy efficiency retrofits? Or, are they just improving the capacity of their sites?
- Analysis of design/build methodology: How are developers procuring their data centers?
- What are the next innovations in physical infrastructure and how will they impact tomorrow’s data center design?
- Analysis of modular vs. stick built design processes. Are developers looking at modular, traditional or a hybrid models?
- How does “modularity” play into getting the most of the 20 year building?
- Migrating to the Cloud: How will the public and private sectors’ transition to the cloud in the next 5-10 years change design plans?
- Colo trends: How can data center designers plan for variable density models as customers vary in density needs?
- How do the ongoing operations and on-site support of the data center impact the ROI?
- How do operations teams ensure uptime when majority of downtime occurs from human errors?
- As more enterprises move to off-premise/hybrid infrastructure models, how do enterprises ensure that the partners they select are future-proofing their data centers?
- What are the pros and cons for migrating to an off-premise or hybrid IT infrastructure strategy, and how does that impact data center ROI considerations?
- What types of audits should data centers engage in on a regular basis to ensure their anticipated ROI will occur?