Apply for Job: Junior Project Manager
Green Building Project Specialist
The Green Building Project Specialist will be an integral member of Vanderweil’s Sustainability team, responsible for supporting projects of varying size and complexity. The Green Building Project Specialist is responsible for supporting, organizing and controlling green building project activities, under the direction of the Project Leaders.
In this role, the Green Building Project Specialist will ensure that projects have the tools, resources, and strategies to maximize efficiency and achieve the highest level of sustainability.
- Applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects and ensures consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Leads activities such as scheduling project status update meetings with project teams and be responsible to gather information and prepare meeting minutes and schedule updates.
- Responsible to take input from a cross functional project teams to develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and execute a high quality, integrated cross-functional plan for projects.
- Use defined project management practices and procedures to solve problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assists sustainability team and project lead in strategic meetings and follow up.
- Manage the planning and execution of in-house product development projects while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements.
- Facilitate innovative solutions and creative problem solving between groups and individuals.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with a cross functional teams in Project Management, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Marketing and Operations.
- Serves as in-house green building specialist for MEP projects.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering and/ or architecture
- 2-4 yrs. of project support experience
- Strong experience with MS Project, Excel, Word, and AutoCad is required.
- Experience in creating meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project correspondence, documentation, and presentations.
- Must be able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently and be flexible during times of change
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to function effectively and tactfully with multiple departments and personnel, able to gain consensus and commitment.
- LEED AP, WELL AP is a bonus but not necessary, however it will be mandatory to earn accreditation
- Green Building, Engineering and/or Architect background strongly recommended
- Adaptable, quick learner, very detail oriented
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required
- Strong interest in Corporate Social Responsibility / Sustainability Disclosures
- Please send your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Green Building, Project Specialist. No cover letters, please.