The International Spy Museum is a privately owned museum dedicated to the history of espionage and features the largest collection of international espionage artifacts currently on public display. The new 7-story building is located at L’Enfant Plaza in Washington, DC. The museum features a lobby atrium, 48,400 sf of exhibit space, 23,000 sf of special event space, a museum shop, offices and support space. Additional features include an outdoor plaza, a rooftop terrace and space for educational and special programs.
The project has achieved the following awards:
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI), Most Innovative Project over $100 Million (2019)
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI), Award of Excellence in the Mechanical Systems Design (2019)
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI), Award of Excellence in the Construction Management and Methods (2019)
- Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI), Award of Merit in the Structural Systems Design (2019)
- Engineering News-Record (ENR), MidAtlantic Best Project Award, Cultural/Worship Category (2019)
- The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), National Capital Regional Region, Technology Award, 2020